iTerp: Your Online Portal for Services with ISSS
iTerp is an online self-service portal for international students and scholars to complete immigration requirements for arrival and stay at the University of Maryland. Information and documents can be submitted electronically to ISSS via iTerp's e-forms. A list of iTerp services are listed below.
Services Available through iTerp
- Letter Requests
- Part-Time Authorization
- Dependent I-20/DS-2019 Requests
- Request AT/OPT/CAP Gap and STEM and report/update employer information
- Program Extension and Transfer Requests
- iTerp's Documents Check (link is external)allows new students to submit their immigration documents to the ISSS office as required for SEVIS registration.
- New Student registration for ISSS Orientation
- OPT Workshop Registration
- OPT students who are not currently enrolled at the University should update their address in iTerp.
- iTerp's Document Check(link is external) allows J1 Scholars to submit their immigration documents to the ISSS office as required for SEVIS registration
- Submit proof of health insurance
- Travel Signature Request
- Request Immigration Documents for a Spouse/Child
- Report any J-2 dependents accompanying you or who will later join you in the U.S.
Some of the tasks departmental staff* can perform in iTerp are:
- File an E-3/H1-B Petition
- Submit requests for O-1/E-3 and non-paid appointments
- Submit request for a J-1 DS-2019
- Request Extensions
- Notify ISSS of Early Terminations
- Change of Employment
*Training is required of departmental staff before access to iTerp is granted. To schedule training, please contact Siemy Khan.