Skip to main content

F-2/J-2 Travel

Travel and Re-entry

F-2/J-2 dependents are not required to travel with the primary F-1. However, the F-2 dependent must carry the following documents required for re-entry to the US:

  1. Valid Passport (valid for at least six months beyond the date of the re-entry to the U.S.).
  2. Valid F-2 visa in passport (except dependents from Canada).
  3. F-2 dependent I-20 with a valid travel signature from ISSS on page 3 (signatures are valid for six months).  
  4. Copies of the most current immigration documents (I-20, passport, F-1 visa, I-94 Arrival/Departure record) of the primary F-1 (if traveling separately).  
  5. If the primary F-1 is on post-completion OPT, F-2 dependents should carry copies of the F-1’s OPT I-20, EAD card and job offer letter.
Back to Top