Skip to main content

H-1B Faculty

H-1B visa status allows foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach or do research in a specialty occupation. A specialty occupation is one that requires theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge. Specialty occupations include lecturers, professors and researchers and need at least a bachelor's degree.

Our office files an H-1B visa petition with the U.S. government on behalf of an academic department.

Steps to take after receiving an offer of employment to conduct research or teach at the University of Maryland 

Back to Top